National Humor Month is no laughing matter. Or wait… maybe it is? Either way, it’s definitely worth taking seriously! April’s National Humor Month is appropriately kicked off with April Fool’s Day — the best day of the year for getting a laugh at a loved one’s expense. But why not let the prankster’s holiday set the tone for the whole month? Here’s how you can make April a full month of gaffes, goofs, cackles and crack ups.
National Humor Month - Key Moments
First Comedy Film is Made
“L'Arroseur Arrosé” is a one minute long, silent, French comedy about a gardener getting sprayed in the face with a hose.
First Chicken Crosses the Road
The popular riddle about the daring chicken makes its premier in a New York based magazine called “The Knickerbocker”.
First Known Fart Joke
Sumerian proverbs include humorous references to breaking wind.
First Known Yo Mamma Joke
The earliest recorded joke about someone’s mother is etched onto a tablet in Babylon.
How to Celebrate National Humor Month
1. Play a prank
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But the second best way to flatter a loved one is by making them the object of a (fun) prank. You could start with a simple April Fools gag, like putting all of your partner’s toiletries into separate inflated balloons. Or you could carry out a fun ruse throughout the month of April, like moving all of the living room furniture by really small increments each day.
2. Support a local comic
Everybody’s got a dream. For some people it’s to become an astronaut. For others it’s to be repeatedly laughed at, while on stage, by large audiences. Who are we to judge? Show the under-appreciated humorists in your area some love by attending an open-mic night and sincerely cheering for their perhaps underwhelming but certainly courageous performances.
3. Host a laugh-in
Do you and your friends have a favorite funny movie? Perhaps there’s a film you quote back-and-forth incessantly. Celebrate National Humor Month by inviting your crew over for a night dedicated to celebrating the hilarious cinematic art that helps fuel your silliest bonding moments.
Talking Toilet Paper Spindle
"Record messages on this talking T.P. spindle and scare the fun out of your friends."
Includes: (1) Talking TP Toilet Paper Spindle
Record Your Own Message And Re-record Again And Again
Makes A Hilarious Gag Joke, Stocking Stuffer, And Bathroom Prank
Fits Most Toilet Paper Holders; Includes On/Off Switch
Gift Idea: 1 of 3
“Blankeez” Prank Gift Box
"It’s a blanket the whole family can do activities in — or is it?"
GIFT BOX appears to contain ridiculous products from clueless companies
Just pack your real gift inside, sit back and watch the expressions
6 sides of real graphics and jokes will have everyone passing it around
Size: 11.25 x 9 x 3.25 (About the size of a giant phone book)
PLEASE READ: This is an empty prank GIFT BOX
Gift Idea: 1 of 3
Beer Belly Fanny Pack
"You’ll be the belle of the bulge and the life of the party with this removable beer gut accessory."
• THE TALK OF THE PARTY: Now is the time to let your hilarious personality shine with this crazy 3D print fanny pack! The bag looks exactly like a man's beer belly or fat gut and it will give you an authentic middle-aged-dad look. Wear it at parties or music festivals and get ready for people coming up to you asking for a selfie!
• HILARIOUS GIFT: What's a better way to wish your friends "happy birthday" than a hairy fat piece of man belly? Get this awesome fanny pack for your friends and rest assured that they will love it. Get a different design for each member of your group and be the Gut Squad. Weird stares, pointing, and laughter guaranteed.
• AMAZING QUALITY: All jokes aside, this fanny pack is made with premium quality PU leather that is extremely durable and 100% waterproof. The bag has a strong metal zipper that will keep everything in place, safe and sound!
• DESIGNED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: The fanny pack has a very convenient design so you can take it with you everywhere you go and have a blast! The quick release buckle makes it incredibly easy to take, all you have to do is give it a push! And don't worry if you have a bit of a belly yourself - the bag is easily adjustable so it can fit your waist perfectly.
• FOR EVERY OCCASION: This fanny pack is the perfect accessory for every event as it's not only funny but very practical too! It's perfect for sporting events, hikes and trips. Carry your phone, keys and wallet whenever you go out, or fill it with beers and hang out with your friends!
You save $14.35 (67%)
Gift Idea: 1 of 3
Why We Love National Humor Month
A. Humor is free entertainment
The best things in life are free, and that includes humor. Sure you can pay to see a great comedy show or go check out a funny new movie, but getting a good laugh really doesn’t have to cost a penny.
B. Laughter is contagious
What makes you open your mouth wide, is highly contagious,and isn’t a yawn? You guessed it — laughter! Studies show that just hearing the recorded sound of laughter causes our facial muscles to naturally form a smile, and that laughing with others can help you form stronger social bonds.
C. Laughter is the best medicine
Just because laughter is contagious doesn’t mean it’s bad for you. In fact, quite the opposite is true. Humor can be a great tool for combating difficult emotions, slowing the aging process, and increasing overall satisfaction with life.