- Today
- Holidays
- Birthdays
- Reminders
- Cities
- Atlanta
- Austin
- Baltimore
- Berwyn
- Beverly Hills
- Birmingham
- Boston
- Brooklyn
- Buffalo
- Charlotte
- Chicago
- Cincinnati
- Cleveland
- Columbus
- Dallas
- Denver
- Detroit
- Fort Worth
- Houston
- Indianapolis
- Knoxville
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Louisville
- Madison
- Memphis
- Miami
- Milwaukee
- Minneapolis
- Nashville
- New Orleans
- New York
- Omaha
- Orlando
- Philadelphia
- Phoenix
- Pittsburgh
- Portland
- Raleigh
- Richmond
- Rutherford
- Sacramento
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Seattle
- Tampa
- Tucson
- Washington
White Center Today
By the People, for the People
Father Confronts School Board After Pulling Son From Anti-ICE Walkout
Vance Glawe says the school district violated state law by allowing his 14-year-old son to participate without parental consent.
Published on Feb. 12, 2026
Got story updates? Submit your updates here. ›
A father named Vance Glawe confronted the Highline School Board in Washington state after he pulled his 14-year-old son out of an anti-ICE walkout protest organized by the middle school. Glawe, who goes by "Modern Ragnar 1.0" online, accused the school of violating state law by allowing students to leave campus without parental notification. He said the protest exposed his son to "real danger" and that he now fears for his son's safety due to threats.
Why it matters
The incident highlights ongoing tensions over student activism and parental rights, especially around politically charged issues like immigration enforcement. Glawe's confrontation with the school board went viral, sparking debate over the boundaries of student protest and the responsibilities of schools to inform and involve parents.
The details
Hundreds of students in the Seattle-area Highline School District participated in the February 2nd walkout protesting ICE operations. Glawe drove to the protest site and pulled his 7th grade son out, later confronting the school board. He accused them of violating state law by allowing the walkout without parental consent, and said the protest endangered his son. Glawe has set up a fundraiser for legal fees and to relocate, citing threats against his son.
- On February 2, 2026, hundreds of students in the Highline School District participated in a walkout protest against ICE.
- On February 4, 2026, Glawe posted an update saying he could not bring his son back to school due to threats against him.
The players
Vance Glawe
A content creator who goes by "Modern Ragnar 1.0" online, and the father who pulled his 14-year-old son out of the anti-ICE walkout protest.
Highline School Board
The school board in Washington state that Glawe confronted over the district allowing the student walkout protest without parental consent.
Emily Feldtmose
The principal of Cascade Middle School, who Glawe said only informed parents of the protest after it had already taken place.
What they’re saying
“My name is Vance Glawe and on the afternoon of February 2, 2026, my 14 year old child called me. He was not at school. He was not sick. He was in the middle of White Center, Washington, in the middle of a protest that was organized for his middle school.”
— Vance Glawe (X (formerly Twitter)
“RCW 28A 600035, by allowing them to leave and under Initiative 2081, the parental Bill of Rights, I have the right to know where my child goes. That was taken from me. I was not given notice. I was not given an email. I was not given a call. You exposed him to real danger. That's neglect and that's endangerment.”
— Vance Glawe (X (formerly Twitter)
What’s next
The judge in the case will decide on Tuesday whether or not to allow Vance Glawe's lawsuit against the school district to proceed.
The takeaway
This incident highlights the ongoing tensions between student activism, parental rights, and school district responsibilities. It raises questions about the boundaries of student protest and the need for schools to better communicate with and involve parents, especially around politically charged issues.
