Javid Basharat says he's leaving UFC with his 'head high' after roster departure

The Snow Leopard reflects on the end of his UFC run after being released from the promotion.

Published on Feb. 16, 2026

Javid Basharat, a 30-year-old bantamweight fighter, has shared his thoughts on leaving the UFC after his contract expired following his recent victory at UFC Vegas 113. Basharat, who had a 4-2 record in the promotion with one no contest, said he is leaving the UFC with his 'head high' and his 'standards intact', and is confident that he is among the best fighters. He thanked his supporters and said he will continue to carry himself with professionalism, discipline, and respect.

Why it matters

Basharat's departure from the UFC is noteworthy as he was a successful fighter in the promotion, winning four of his six fights. However, the UFC's recent roster moves, including the release of high-profile fighters like Jailton Almeida and Mohammed Usman, suggest the promotion may be placing a greater emphasis on entertaining fights rather than just winning records. Basharat's case highlights the challenges fighters can face in maintaining a spot on the UFC roster, even with a winning record.

The details

Javid Basharat, nicknamed 'The Snow Leopard', was removed from the UFC roster last week shortly after producing his fourth win inside the Octagon. His contract expired following his recent victory at UFC Vegas 113, where he improved his record in the promotion to 4-2 with one no contest. Basharat's recent fight against replacement opponent Gianni Vazquez was not the kind of fight where one would expect the UFC to turn down re-signing the victor.

  • Basharat's contract with the UFC expired following his victory at UFC Vegas 113 on February 11, 2026.
  • Basharat was removed from the UFC roster last week, shortly after his UFC Vegas 113 fight.

The players

Javid Basharat

A 30-year-old bantamweight fighter who had a 4-2 record with one no contest in the UFC before being released from the promotion.

Jailton Almeida

A high-profile fighter who recently departed the UFC roster.

Mohammed Usman

A fighter who was cut from the UFC following a 30-month suspension, and would not be able to fight until 2028.

Got photos? Submit your photos here. ›

What they’re saying

“My chapter with the UFC has come to a close. I leave with my head high, my standards intact, and confidence in who I am as a fighter, which is definitely amongst the best. I showed up through every circumstance, I carry myself with professionalism, discipline, and respect. That won't change. Alhamdulillah in any case. Thank you to everyone who stands with me, I truly appreciate the support.”

— Javid Basharat (Instagram)

The takeaway

Basharat's departure from the UFC, despite his successful run in the promotion, highlights the challenges fighters can face in maintaining a spot on the UFC roster. The promotion's recent roster moves suggest a greater emphasis on entertaining fights rather than just winning records, which could impact the careers of talented fighters like Basharat who may not fit that mold. However, Basharat remains confident in his abilities and is proud of how he represented himself during his time in the UFC.