- Today
- Holidays
- Birthdays
- Reminders
- Cities
- Atlanta
- Austin
- Baltimore
- Berwyn
- Beverly Hills
- Birmingham
- Boston
- Brooklyn
- Buffalo
- Charlotte
- Chicago
- Cincinnati
- Cleveland
- Columbus
- Dallas
- Denver
- Detroit
- Fort Worth
- Houston
- Indianapolis
- Knoxville
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Louisville
- Madison
- Memphis
- Miami
- Milwaukee
- Minneapolis
- Nashville
- New Orleans
- New York
- Omaha
- Orlando
- Philadelphia
- Phoenix
- Pittsburgh
- Portland
- Raleigh
- Richmond
- Rutherford
- Sacramento
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Seattle
- Tampa
- Tucson
- Washington
US Military Strikes More ISIS Targets in Syria
CENTCOM announces 10 strikes against over 30 ISIS targets in Syria over 10-day period
Published on Feb. 16, 2026
Got story updates? Submit your updates here. ›
The U.S. military, through U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM), conducted 10 strikes against more than 30 ISIS targets in Syria from February 3-12 in an effort to sustain pressure on the remnants of the terrorist network, according to a CENTCOM press release. CENTCOM Commander Adm. Brad Cooper stated the strikes were done to ensure ISIS does not regain control of Syria.
Why it matters
The strikes against ISIS targets in Syria are part of the ongoing efforts by the U.S. military and coalition forces to defeat the terrorist organization and prevent it from regaining a foothold in the region. The strikes demonstrate the U.S. commitment to maintaining pressure on ISIS and ensuring the group's enduring defeat.
The details
CENTCOM said the 10 strikes conducted from February 3-12 targeted more than 30 ISIS sites in Syria. The strikes were carried out in coordination with coalition and partner forces. Last month, CENTCOM also conducted five strikes on an ISIS communication site in response to a December 13 attack on U.S. and Syrian forces in Palmyra that resulted in the deaths of two U.S. service members and an American interpreter.
- The 10 strikes against more than 30 ISIS targets in Syria were conducted from February 3-12, 2026.
- Last month, CENTCOM conducted five strikes on an ISIS communication site in response to a December 13 attack on U.S. and Syrian forces in Palmyra.
The players
U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM)
The U.S. military's regional command responsible for operations in the Middle East, including Syria.
Adm. Brad Cooper
Commander of U.S. Central Command.
President Donald Trump
The President of the United States who said he had a good and productive conversation with Syrian President Ahmed al-Sharaa last month.
Ahmed al-Sharaa
The President of Syria.
What they’re saying
“Operating in coordination with coalition and partner forces to ensure the enduring defeat of ISIS makes America, the region and the world safer.”
— Adm. Brad Cooper, Commander of U.S. Central Command (Fox News)
“All of the things having to do with Syria in that area are working out very, very well. So, we are very happy about it.”
— President Donald Trump (The National News Desk)
The takeaway
The U.S. military's continued strikes against ISIS targets in Syria demonstrate the ongoing effort to defeat the terrorist organization and prevent it from regaining a foothold in the region. The coordination with coalition and partner forces, as well as the support from the White House, underscores the importance of this mission to U.S. national security and regional stability.
Washington top stories
Washington events
Feb. 18, 2026
Stereophonic (Touring)Feb. 18, 2026
Trevor Noah



