- Today
- Holidays
- Birthdays
- Reminders
- Cities
- Atlanta
- Austin
- Baltimore
- Berwyn
- Beverly Hills
- Birmingham
- Boston
- Brooklyn
- Buffalo
- Charlotte
- Chicago
- Cincinnati
- Cleveland
- Columbus
- Dallas
- Denver
- Detroit
- Fort Worth
- Houston
- Indianapolis
- Knoxville
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Louisville
- Madison
- Memphis
- Miami
- Milwaukee
- Minneapolis
- Nashville
- New Orleans
- New York
- Omaha
- Orlando
- Philadelphia
- Phoenix
- Pittsburgh
- Portland
- Raleigh
- Richmond
- Rutherford
- Sacramento
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Seattle
- Tampa
- Tucson
- Washington
West Palm Beach Today
By the People, for the People
Trump Announces $5 Billion in Pledges for Gaza Reconstruction
The Board of Peace, chaired by Trump, will unveil the pledges at its first meeting this Thursday.
Published on Feb. 15, 2026
Got story updates? Submit your updates here. ›
President Trump announced that members of his newly created Board of Peace have pledged $5 billion toward rebuilding war-ravaged Gaza. The pledges will be formally announced when the board members gather in Washington on Thursday for their first meeting. Trump said the Board of Peace will prove to be the 'most consequential International Body in History' and that he is honored to serve as its Chairman.
Why it matters
Rebuilding Gaza will be a massive undertaking, with the United Nations, World Bank and European Union estimating the cost at $70 billion. The ceasefire deal calls for an armed international stabilization force to keep security and ensure the disarming of the militant Hamas group, a key demand of Israel. However, few countries have so far expressed interest in participating in the proposed force.
The details
Trump did not detail which member nations were making the $5 billion in pledges for reconstruction or would contribute personnel to the stabilization force. However, Indonesia's military said it expects to have up to 8,000 of its troops ready by the end of June for a potential deployment to Gaza as part of a humanitarian and peace mission.
- The pledges will be formally announced when the Board of Peace members gather in Washington on Thursday, February 20, 2026 for their first meeting.
- The ceasefire deal was brokered on October 10th, after more than 2 years of war between Israel and Hamas.
The players
Donald Trump
The President of the United States and the Chairman of the newly created Board of Peace.
Benjamin Netanyahu
The Prime Minister of Israel, who is not expected to attend the first meeting of the Board of Peace.
Board of Peace
A newly created international body chaired by President Trump, which has pledged $5 billion toward rebuilding Gaza.
Indonesia
A country that has said it expects to have up to 8,000 of its troops ready by the end of June for a potential deployment to Gaza as part of a humanitarian and peace mission.
What they’re saying
“The Board of Peace will prove to be the most consequential International Body in History, and it is my honor to serve as its Chairman.”
— Donald Trump, President of the United States (Social media posting)
What’s next
The judge in the case will decide on Tuesday whether or not to allow Walker Reed Quinn out on bail.
The takeaway
This announcement highlights the Trump administration's efforts to sidestep the United Nations and establish a new international body, the Board of Peace, to address global crises. While the $5 billion in pledges for Gaza reconstruction is a significant commitment, the broader mandate and composition of the Board of Peace remain unclear, raising concerns among some of America's key allies.
West Palm Beach top stories
West Palm Beach events
Feb. 21, 2026
MILLINGTON “FLORIDA 2026 TOUR”

